Top 5 Preventive Medicine Tips You
Need To Stay Healthy
We only get 1 body and we need to take care of ourselves. For the vast majority of people in the U.S., medical attention, testing, or treatment is done when you are sick. But being proactive about your health and doing all that is possible to stay healthy and prevent illness, is the way we should approach our bodies. Preventive Medicine is just that. There are many things you can do, but we have compiled what we consider to be the top 5.
- Blood Pressure Check: High blood pressure can lead to heart attack, a stroke, kidney issues, and more. This is often considered a silent killer since you can not be aware of it, before it is too late. Please check with your doctor regarding frequency of testing, which is usually based on age.
- Cholesterol Testing: Heart disease is on the rise and it is one of the top causes of death in the U.S. High cholesterol is one of the main factors for heart disease. So this is something that should also be checked.
- Mammogram: As you may have heard before, with cancer, early detection is key. Mammogram is one of the best methods for early detection. For women, this is something that should be tested for as directed by your doctor.
- Colon Cancer Testing: Colon cancer is one of the most lethal cancers in the U.S. and such screenings as a colonoscopy, can detect early signs. Please add this to your list as per your doctor’s instructions.
- Full Body Scan: Perhaps the most proactive method of preventive medicine, is getting a full body scan. Certain diagnostic imaging centers, such as MRI Scan & Imaging Center in Fort Lauderdale / BodyView, provide a body evaluation which includes MRI, PET/CT, Ultrasound, as well as a variety of Blood and DNA tests that can tell you more about your body and health that you can ever imagine. If you really want to get an-depth look into your health profile, this is the way to go. For more information, visit our home page at: http://bodyvision.pro/