PREVENTIVE MEDICINE WHY PROACTIVE IS BETTER THAN REACTIVE
The majority of health care system around the world run on a reactive health care system. The USA, Canada and top countries are very much included here. Why you ask? Many belive this is because these health systems were created at a time when people were healthier, in an era when natural, nutrient-rich meals were the norm. However, this is no longer the case.
Forward thinking medical experts believe that this approach to healthcare is a flawed one. Most people today live their lives on a reactive health response. They only seek treatment or receive thorough examination when they are sick of have symptoms.
Advancements in medical technology have enabled many companies to change their health care perspective from reactive to proactive. However, this has not been without resistance from the existing system.
This is more or less the current state of our healthcare system.
- Skepticism in patients around any preventive treatments offered by professionals in the medical field.
- A daily dose of symptom-to-treatment approach to patient health rather than a thorough-root-cause preventive treatment method.
- Hence, the prevention of diseases and abnormalities in patients are not the root of the health profession.
WHAT IS REACTIVE HEALTH APPROACH?
Well, a reactive health approach is the orientation of people to attack a disease or abnormality once it has come into existence in their personal lives. When they see symptoms of a health problem, this is when they make their move to tackle the issue. Often times, it is too late especially in late stages of cancer. However, sometimes this method does not yield favourable health returns. Here is the significant disadvantage of reactive health approach:
- Early detection means battling an illness in its early stages when it is likely to be defeated.
- The cost to a patient is substantially more to fight a disease than to prevent it.
WHAT IS A PROACTIVE HEALTH APPROACH?
A proactive health approach is a method of fighting diseases and abnormalities through preventive healthcare. Here, we do not have to wait to have symptoms or a sudden sickness attack before approaching the health table to fight against such occurrence. In this method of healthcare, individuals and medical facilities make moves to help people lead a healthy life through locating the root-cause of diseases and health conditions and boosting the immune system to fight against such health challenges. Below are significant health benefits derived from proactive healthcare system:
- A thorough-root-cause preventive treatment approach is utilized, which is more effective.
- A proactive system is always on the lookout for preventive methods to battle diseases and keep people healthy.
- A healthier community of people is a happier group of people.
WAYS TO BECOME PROACTIVE
- A proactive healthcare solution means using technology and algorithms to reveal people who are likely to contract a sickness or health condition. Furthermore, setting a preventive action in motion to keep such people from contracting the illness.
- A predictive healthcare solution means encouraging people to undergo thorough examination, even when they feel fine, such as a whole body scan.
- Individuals should embark on nutrient-filled diets and avoid processed and refined foods. Meals filled with vitamins, antioxidants, protein, complex carbohydrate, and a proper intake of water helps boost the immune system significantly, leaving you healthier and preventive of lots of health challenges.
THE BENEFITS OF A FULL BODY MRI SCAN
As days go by, Full body MRI scans continue to grow in popularity as it pertains to preventive medicine. Specialized medical facilities with the right level of technology offer this service to patients who want to be proactive about their health.
Full Body MRI Scans have become an excellent form or preventive medicine, especially for those who do not wish to be exposed to any radiation. A good example are pregnant women who need to undergo examination without harming their unborn baby. Below, you will find some of the significant benefits that patients receive when they go through a full-body MRI scan.
BENEFIT OF A WHOLE BODY MRI SCAN
- EARLY DETECTION OF DISEASES
The purpose of MRI full body scan is to ensure that a patient can identify health risk in the early stages so the can make any lifestyle changes before it is too late or begin treatment if necessary. Many medical professional produce whole body MRI scans to CT scans. Regardless, both are very effective at identifying hidden chronic illness, tumors and other harmful body conditions.
2. RADIATION FREE
The whole body MRI scan is safe. Patients who undergo the examination need not worry about long-term exposure to radiation. The MRI machine utilizes a High Magnetic field which works efficiently through hydrogen ions and safe radio frequency. Hence, patients can have more than one MRI scan without worrying.
3. THE RESULTS ARE ACCURATE
The unique ability of MRI screening device to differentiate between tissues structures, is one of the things that makes it very effective. With an MRI full body scan, patients get a better idea of their body and any potential health risks.
4. EXAMINATION LASTs FOR ONLY A FEW MINUTES
With the newest MRI technology, patients do not need to wait hours for the can to conclude. Now, you can get your result within 20-30 minutes, which is a big step up. Also, a scan of the pelvis and abdomen now take lesser time than that of ultrasound.
5. SPECIFIC SCANS ON SUSPECTED AREAS
With the ability of the MRI imaging scanner to differentiate tissue structures, particular areas of a patient’s body can undergo tests to determine if there is a cause for alarm.
6. FOLLOW UP SCAN FOR PREVIOUS CONDITIONS
If you have a condition that has already been diagnosed and is due for a follow-up scan, then you could have your multiple scans without worrying about radiation. Again, this screening method is preferred by many.
7. EASIER PHYSICIAN REFERENCE
It is easier to get a referral from a physician for an MRI Scan because of the absence of radiation. This helps expedite the overall process.
What You Need To Know About A Whole Body Scan
You may call it Full-body scan; we also know it as whole-body scan. The whole-body scan is a useful medical technology in the early detection of an individual’s health status. The number of medical facilities offering this health service is on the high. The computed tomography (CT) is used to carry out the whole-body scan. The CT takes X-ray images of some of human organs such as the heart, lungs, abdomen, and pelvis. To be precise, these images are very super thin, cross-sectional portions of the body interior. The moment each of the portions is reassembled with other portions on a computer, the doctor is able to view an in-depth image of bones, organs, and other tissues. The completion of the non-invasive process does not take more than fifteen minutes.
It is widely known that a computer tomography scan is deemed very helpful while diagnosing abnormality or certain diseases in patients who are showing the symptoms. Whole-body scans are great in the way they can specify the existence, location, and magnitude of tumors. Whole-body scans are also important in the way they verify and detect muscle and bone disorders as well as other internal abnormalities.
Here are some of the diseases and infections whole-body scan can verify.
1. Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea has the following symptoms such as snoring, choking, gasping, morning headaches, et cetera. It is a potential sleep disorder that can trigger the release of stress hormones into your body system. This condition can increase an individual’s possibility of contacting high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, diabetes, among others. This disorder affects 1 in 4 men, and 1 in 10 women, with only 15% of patients knowing that they are suffering from the disorder.
2. Breast Cancer
Mammography is able to detect breast cancer even in the early stage. A cancer patient can know about his/her status well before a lump develops within the cell. Mammography is recommended for women who have crossed the 40 age barrier. It is important to know how your health is faring by having this screening. This process helps you do the right thing at the right time, medically.
3. Pap Smear
This is highly recommended for women who are below age 65. Also, it is recommended to those who are still sexually active and have their cervix intact. With the early stage detection of whole-body scan, women have been able to assess their health status while being given directions on how to manage their conditions. The rates of cervical cancer have declined in recent years.
Whole Body Scans: 5 Benefits that
will astonish you
Whole body scans, also known as Full Body Scans, are the use of modern day imaging technology to get an in-depth look into your health profile. This is often times completed with a series of exams such as MRI, PET/CT Scan, and Ultrasound. These tests carefully examine an individual from the head all the way down to the thighs so the brain and all major organs are evaluated. Here are 5 benefits to whole body scans that may surprise you.
- Early Detection: When we begin feeling symptoms of an illness or danger to our body, this means that whatever it is that is hurting you is already further along. Often times, if you are able to detect something wrong, very early in the process before even symptoms occur, there are things that can be done such as treatment, dietary changes, or more which can help fix the problem. In some cases, this can have a life saving impact.
- Painless Exams: The Exams that are done in a whole body scan are painless. These are not intrusive tests such as biopsies, colonoscopies, or more. Imaging technology has developed greatly in recent years, which benefits the public greatly.
- In and Out: Whole Body Scans can generally be completed in 1 visit. There is no need for anesthesia and because it is diagnosis imaging, all exams can usually be completed the same day.
- Long Term Benefits: Discovering information about your health can have long term benefits that can truly have a profound impact on your overall health and well being. They say knowledge is power, that is especially the case when it comes to your health.
- Peace of Mind:Many people that do a whole body scan learn that there were no negative or alarming results. They often gain great peace of mind from knowing they are healthy. Often times, we worry about whether or not we may have an illness. People go to Google all the time to auto diagnose themselves. Having peace of mind is a wonderful thing and a whole body scan may help with this.
Remember, whole body scans vary from center to center. Not all imaging technology is the same, so it is important to go to one that has the best and most state of the art technology. Here are BodyView, we take our exams a step further by offering an in-depthy blood and DNA analysis. For more information, visit our home page at: http://bodyvision.pro/ or watch our video below.
Top 5 Preventive Medicine Tips You
Need To Stay Healthy
We only get 1 body and we need to take care of ourselves. For the vast majority of people in the U.S., medical attention, testing, or treatment is done when you are sick. But being proactive about your health and doing all that is possible to stay healthy and prevent illness, is the way we should approach our bodies. Preventive Medicine is just that. There are many things you can do, but we have compiled what we consider to be the top 5.
- Blood Pressure Check: High blood pressure can lead to heart attack, a stroke, kidney issues, and more. This is often considered a silent killer since you can not be aware of it, before it is too late. Please check with your doctor regarding frequency of testing, which is usually based on age.
- Cholesterol Testing: Heart disease is on the rise and it is one of the top causes of death in the U.S. High cholesterol is one of the main factors for heart disease. So this is something that should also be checked.
- Mammogram: As you may have heard before, with cancer, early detection is key. Mammogram is one of the best methods for early detection. For women, this is something that should be tested for as directed by your doctor.
- Colon Cancer Testing: Colon cancer is one of the most lethal cancers in the U.S. and such screenings as a colonoscopy, can detect early signs. Please add this to your list as per your doctor’s instructions.
- Full Body Scan: Perhaps the most proactive method of preventive medicine, is getting a full body scan. Certain diagnostic imaging centers, such as MRI Scan & Imaging Center in Fort Lauderdale / BodyView, provide a body evaluation which includes MRI, PET/CT, Ultrasound, as well as a variety of Blood and DNA tests that can tell you more about your body and health that you can ever imagine. If you really want to get an-depth look into your health profile, this is the way to go. For more information, visit our home page at: http://bodyvision.pro/
How To Use Preventive Medicine To Stay Healthy
Preventive medicine is a medical science that deals with the prevention of disease.
Unlike traditional medicine, which waits for a person to display symptoms after being sick, preventive medicine helps locate and detect diseases before they can become irreparable or untreatable and by then it is too late
At BodyView, VIP Preventive medicine, we understand this. Our team is filled with experienced professionals of the study. No one has as much knowledge on preventive medicine than that of Robert L. Kagan, MD, is a nationally renowned medical imaging expert and speaker. He has constantly been able to introduce modern medical technology to Florida physicians and their patients for over 30 years.
A Voluntary Full-Body MRI
By making the decision to have a full-body screening done, you can potentially save your life and prevent a medical crisis. In this case, knowledge is power in that if you are not aware of your medical crisis early on, it might be too late. Nevertheless, we provide you the most advanced state-of-the-art resolution imaging that can ultimately save lives. If in fact, a person has a life threatening illness in its earliest stages, we will be able to detect it early enough that it can be removed from their systems before it develops into a crisis.
How It Works
The GE 3.0 Tesla MRI consists of no radiation, no pain, and is a high resolution MRI/DNA analysis. It is a 100-panel full blood analysis as well. The way it functions is by using a strong magnet to capture precise photos of the the body, doctors are able to examine a detailed image of various soft tissues and fluids within the body.
We offer the ultimate MRI mammogram for women. There is no compression, no pain, no radiation, and is a phenomenal MRI 3D highest resolution imaging. 3D mammography is an FDA-approved advanced technology that takes several detailed images. It is far more suitable imaging than that of traditional mammograms because 3D mammography allows for several precise photos to be examined rather than a single image. It is exceptionally more comfortable than traditional mammograms because of the simple fact of the screening not requiring compression.
The 3D MRI is a highly-effective tool for men as well as women. For men with elevated PSA levels, this screening will not require any unnecessary needles, no incisions, no pain, and no radiation. This top of the line technology may help avoid a needle biopsy.
For this elective body scan, call us now at 954-315-1600. Email us at email@example.com. Visit our website at www.bodyview.pro. We are located at 3122 East Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308.