PREVENTIVE MEDICINE WHY PROACTIVE IS BETTER THAN REACTIVE
The majority of health care system around the world run on a reactive health care system. The USA, Canada and top countries are very much included here. Why you ask? Many belive this is because these health systems were created at a time when people were healthier, in an era when natural, nutrient-rich meals were the norm. However, this is no longer the case.
Forward thinking medical experts believe that this approach to healthcare is a flawed one. Most people today live their lives on a reactive health response. They only seek treatment or receive thorough examination when they are sick of have symptoms.
Advancements in medical technology have enabled many companies to change their health care perspective from reactive to proactive. However, this has not been without resistance from the existing system.
This is more or less the current state of our healthcare system.
- Skepticism in patients around any preventive treatments offered by professionals in the medical field.
- A daily dose of symptom-to-treatment approach to patient health rather than a thorough-root-cause preventive treatment method.
- Hence, the prevention of diseases and abnormalities in patients are not the root of the health profession.
WHAT IS REACTIVE HEALTH APPROACH?
Well, a reactive health approach is the orientation of people to attack a disease or abnormality once it has come into existence in their personal lives. When they see symptoms of a health problem, this is when they make their move to tackle the issue. Often times, it is too late especially in late stages of cancer. However, sometimes this method does not yield favourable health returns. Here is the significant disadvantage of reactive health approach:
- Early detection means battling an illness in its early stages when it is likely to be defeated.
- The cost to a patient is substantially more to fight a disease than to prevent it.
WHAT IS A PROACTIVE HEALTH APPROACH?
A proactive health approach is a method of fighting diseases and abnormalities through preventive healthcare. Here, we do not have to wait to have symptoms or a sudden sickness attack before approaching the health table to fight against such occurrence. In this method of healthcare, individuals and medical facilities make moves to help people lead a healthy life through locating the root-cause of diseases and health conditions and boosting the immune system to fight against such health challenges. Below are significant health benefits derived from proactive healthcare system:
- A thorough-root-cause preventive treatment approach is utilized, which is more effective.
- A proactive system is always on the lookout for preventive methods to battle diseases and keep people healthy.
- A healthier community of people is a happier group of people.
WAYS TO BECOME PROACTIVE
- A proactive healthcare solution means using technology and algorithms to reveal people who are likely to contract a sickness or health condition. Furthermore, setting a preventive action in motion to keep such people from contracting the illness.
- A predictive healthcare solution means encouraging people to undergo thorough examination, even when they feel fine, such as a whole body scan.
- Individuals should embark on nutrient-filled diets and avoid processed and refined foods. Meals filled with vitamins, antioxidants, protein, complex carbohydrate, and a proper intake of water helps boost the immune system significantly, leaving you healthier and preventive of lots of health challenges.