PREVENTIVE MEDICINE WHY PROACTIVE IS BETTER THAN REACTIVE
The majority of healthcare systems around the world operate under a reactive healthcare model. This includes countries like the USA, Canada, and other top nations. Why, you may ask? Many believe this is because these health systems were established during a time when people were generally healthier, in an era when natural, nutrient-rich meals were the norm. However, this is no longer the case.
Forward-thinking medical experts believe that this approach to healthcare is flawed. Nowadays, most people live with a reactive approach to their health, only seeking treatment or undergoing thorough examinations when they are already sick or experiencing symptoms.
Advancements in medical technology have enabled many companies to shift their healthcare perspective from reactive to proactive. However, this change has not occurred without resistance from the existing system.
This is more or less the current state of our healthcare system:
- Skepticism among patients regarding preventive treatments offered by medical professionals.
- A focus on treating symptoms rather than addressing the root cause of the patient’s health issues.
- Hence, the prevention of diseases and abnormalities in patients is not the root of the health profession.
WHAT IS REACTIVE HEALTH APPROACH?
Well, a reactive health approach is when individuals only take action against a disease or abnormality once it has already manifested in their personal lives. They address the issue when they start experiencing symptoms of a health problem. Unfortunately, this approach often leads to delayed intervention, especially in the late stages of cancer. However, this method doesn’t always yield favorable health outcomes. Here is a significant disadvantage of the reactive health approach:
- Early detection means fighting an illness in its early stages when it is more likely to be defeated.
- The cost to a patient is significantly higher to fight a disease than to prevent it.
WHAT IS A PROACTIVE HEALTH APPROACH?
A proactive health approach is a method of combating diseases and abnormalities through preventive healthcare. In this approach, we don’t have to wait until symptoms or sudden illness strike before taking action to prevent such occurrences. In this method of healthcare, individuals and medical facilities take proactive measures to help people lead healthy life by identifying the root causes of diseases and health conditions and boosting the immune system to fight against such health challenges. Below are significant health benefits derived from a proactive healthcare system:
- A thorough root-cause preventive treatment approach is utilized, which is more effective.
- A proactive system is always on the lookout for preventive methods to combat diseases and maintain people’s health.
- A healthier community of people is a happier group of people.
WAYS TO BECOME PROACTIVE
- A proactive healthcare solution involves using technology and algorithms to identify individuals who are likely to develop a sickness or health condition. Moreover, taking preventive actions reduces the chances of them contracting the illness.
- A predictive healthcare solution involves encouraging individuals to undergo thorough examinations, even when they feel fine, such as a whole body scan.
- Individuals should adopt nutrient-rich diets and avoid processed and refined foods. Meals filled with vitamins, antioxidants, protein, complex carbohydrates, and an adequate intake of water help significantly boost the immune system, leaving you healthier and more resilient against various health challenges.